You can install the Pandas package by typing this command in the Command Prompt or terminal:
Note that the above method would only work if you already added Python to the Path. Otherwise, check the steps below to install the Pandas package in Python.
Steps to Install the Pandas Package in Python
(1) First, type Command Prompt in the Windows search box
(2) Next, open the Command Prompt, and you’ll see the following screen with your user name (to avoid any permission issues, you may consider to run the Command Prompt as an administrator):
(3) Locate your Python Scripts path. The Scripts folder can be found within the Python application folder, where you originally installed Python.
You can find the Python Scripts path by following these steps:
- Type “Python” in the Windows Search Bar
- Right-click on the Python App, and then select “Open file location“
- Right-click again on the Python shortcut, and then select “Open file location“
- Double-click on the “Scripts” folder and then copy the path
Here is an example of a Python Scripts path:
(4) In the Command Prompt, type cd followed by your Python Scripts path:
(5) Press Enter, and you’ll see something similar to the following:
(6) Now, type the PIP install command to install the Pandas package:
(7) Finally, press Enter, and the Pandas package would be installed: